Infant Toddler Paraeducator, Even Start Family Literacy
September 21, 2021
Fargo Public Schools
415 4th ST N
Fargo, North Dakota 58102
Position Summary: Provide early childhood learning opportunities for children attending family literacy program with their parents.
- High School Diploma or GED required; Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Valid driver's license required; employee must maintain insurability with the District's insurance provider.
- 1-3 years experience working with infants and/or toddlers.
- Experience in Early Childhood and/or English Learners (EL) programs preferred.
- Infant/Child CPR preferred.
- Collaborates with supervisor and other family literacy staff to integrate family literacy programming.
- Provide parent and child interactive activities for Even Start families.
- Engage high needs children in early childhood educational activities in a language rich environment.
- Plan and provide age appropriate activities to develop language, cognitive, physical and emergent literacy skills.
- Prepare and serve breakfast, lunch and snacks for participating children.
- Maintain attendance and food records on a daily basis.
- Maintain, organize, and sanitize early childhood toys and materials.
- Provide transportation for Even Start families utilizing the Even Start minivan as needed.
- Conduct home visits with teachers as assigned.
- Participate in all mandatory training or training appropriate to the position as required by the district.
All applications for open Fargo Public Schools positions must be made via www.applitrack.com/fargo/onlineapp. Paper submissions will not be accepted. Application materials must clearly explain how experience and education are related to the minimum qualifications and job duties. Job postings will be closed for applications at 8:00 AM Central Standard Time (CST) on the closing date listed in the posting.
Applicants who are residents of ND and eligible to claim veteran's preference must upload a Form DD214. Claims for disabled veteran's preference must include a current statement of disabled status from the Veterans Affairs Office.
For more information or questions please call 701-446-1000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Fargo Public School District is committed to maintaining a learning and working environment free from discrimination and harassment in all employment and educational programs, activities, and facilities. The District prohibits discrimination and harassment based on an individual’s race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, or other status protected by law.