Interventionist, McKenzie County School District #1
December 02, 2021
McKenzie County School District #1
100 Third St NE
Watford City, ND 58854
Steve Holen, Supt.
We are looking for an analytical, empathetic Intervention Specialist to assist us with designing and implementing individualized programs for children with special educational and social adjustment needs. The Intervention Specialist will consider factors such as language, sexual orientation, developmental level, religion and health status when making recommendations. You will create and maintain records of progress, and collaborate with parents to refer children to psychologists and other therapists.
To ensure success you need to make informed observations and design effective programs. Preferred applicants are knowledgeable, compassionate and have outstanding observation skills.
Intervention Specialist Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in special education.
- Valid Substitute Teaching permit.
- Experience working with children with special needs.
- Ability to design effective programs for diverse children.
- Proficient knowledge of classroom policies and procedures.
- Completion of criminal background check.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Strong people skills and affinity for children.
- Excellent observation and analytical skills.
- Available to work extended hours to have meetings with parents.