Systems Analyst, West Fargo Public Schools
December 02, 2021
West Fargo Public Schools
207 Main Avenue West
West Fargo, ND 58078
Phone: (701) 356-2000
POSITION: Systems Analyst - West Fargo Public Schools
TERM: 12-month full-time position
SUMMARY: The Systems Analyst will implement, maintain, and support major information technology systems for the school district. In addition, the Systems Analyst will provide Tier 3 technical support by collaborating with team members and occasionally, collaborating directly with end users.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consult with district stake holders on systems and technology hardware as well as the role they would play in the district. Collaboration is key, and systemic, sustainable solutions are desired.
- Configure and test new hardware and software for systems operation and functionality.
- Monitor, maintain, analyze, and document systems to ensure system integrity and security. Provide quality assurance, problem solving, researching user issues, upgrades, maintenance, and system modifications. Make recommendations based on findings and provide consulting assistance for system users.
- Support and manage systems that support Curriculum and Instruction initiatives (Microsoft SharePoint, Follett Destiny Library System and Resource Manager, Scholastic HMH, Adobe Creative Cloud).
- Support and manage Mobile Device Management system and iOS application deployment.
- Support district imaging of Windows OS in a PC environment using a client management system.
- Support district grading program and student information system.
- Support Group Policy management.
- Provide training and instruction of systems for technical support staff as well as end-user systems operation and functionality.
- Act as a resource to Technology Support Technicians and Technology Support Assistants.
- Assist Coordinator of Technology Support Services with advanced troubleshooting of technology resources and systems.
- Assist Network Services team in Support of network infrastructure and troubleshooting.
- Work closely with Coordinator of Technology Support Services, Database Specialist, System Analyst, Webmaster and Network Engineer to coordinate projects that require the integration of multiple district systems.
- Accept primary responsibility for other district systems and active involvement in cross-training for district systems as determined by the Technology Director.
This position will also be responsible to:
- Provide empathetic and compassionate support to end users facing technology challenges.
- Approach technology problems with a focus on solution in a student-oriented manner.
- Demonstrate initiative to proactivity identify and diagnose existing or predicted problems affecting end users.
- Display flexibility and is able to work successfully with staff throughout the district.
- Maintain up to date understanding of industry standards, technologies, practices, and methodologies.
- Adhere to the assigned work schedule by maintaining regular and punctual attendance.
- Exercise good judgment, discretion, and confidentiality at all times.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related Information Technology focused area.
- Minimum of 2 years of direct work experience with information systems management and/or advanced Information Technology support are required
- Must have knowledge of and direct professional work experience with multiple kinds of computer hardware, software. and systems.
- Industry certifications preferred.
SALARY: Minimum starting pay of $26.63/hour, following the 2021-2022 Classified Salary Schedule (C411)
DEADLINE: December 15, 2021
TO APPLY: https://www.applitrack.com/westfargo/onlineapp/ Please include letter of interest, resume, and 3 letters of reference with your application.